Thursday, May 7, 2009

moves

Trimmed my SKF position, as it was basically hurting too much and bought some COF yesterday. COF was up 15% yesterday and looks to open up 20% today. Should take the sting away form my SKF losses.
market has shifted from a focus on P/TB to normalized P/E. Makes sense as going from who survives to who thrives? That being said any delay in recovery or any shock and you will get a big downdraft.
Anyways have opted to position my brokerage account more conservatively as I may need that money someday if I don't get a job, and I'm letting it RIP in my IRA.
In all honesty, I left so much money on the table. Bought XL at $3.60 sold at $5.50 now over $10. Bough COF at $11 sold at $14, back in at $22, now at $26. Bought UYG at $2-$2.40, sold at $3.50, now $4.20. I think I saw the valuation opportunity in Feb-March, but I remained too risk averse. Made very good money, but could have made an absolute, once in a blue moon, killing. Very frustrating, an important lesson that I learn AGAIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment