Friday, June 12, 2009

Moves

Sold SLM today 47% gain not bad, probably will go up, there is additional value but I am getting ancy on this market, and have not been following the stock too closely. I also cut in half my RIG position yesterday taking a 30% gain, since it just seems that oil is ahead of itself. That being said still have my BP and it is kind of my inflation hedge. I also sold BECN a legacy position that I basically broke even on over the past 2.5 yrs. At one point I had a 50% gain, and at one point a 50% loss! Also have not been following the stock so out it goes. So have raised a bit of cash. Am thinking of buying a little bit of SDS which is the ultrashort on the S&P to go with my SKF as I look to play defense. It is either that or raise more cash. Not sure.
I do have ACE and APOL which are pretty defensive as well so overall my portfolio is quite defensively oriented. If the market surges from here i will miss out, but on the other hand if it declines will definitely outperform, which as i don't have a job, is much more important given my job prospects are correlated with the market.
Was looking at MI as a possible long, speculative but it needs to come down more and complete its ATM capital raise.

PS: I just bought some SDS, small position between that and the SKF it is about 6% of my portfolio so some downside protection, cash I am at about 30% and the rest is long individual names: ACE, APOL, SBUX,JPM, BP and RIG now that SLM and BECN are gone

No comments:

Post a Comment